Freelance journalist, Critic (Finland)
Heikki Jokinen is a freelance journalist and critic since 1986. He has a Master's degree in political science and comparative cultural research. His articles have been published in some 120 newspapers and magazines around the world, and also in numerous festival catalogues. He has written or edited some 20 books.
He has been a member of around twenty Jury and Selection Committees of international short film, documentary and animation festivals including the selection committees of Annecy, Stuttgart and Zagreb animation festivals. He has organised festivals and curated animation programmes for festivals and museums in several countries and has lectured at art universities in Europe, North-Africa, North-America and Asia.
He is a vice-president of ASIFA and chairman of the Finnish Animation Association, as well as a former chairperson of the Finnish Critics' Association and Finnish Comics Society. He is also part of the board of directors for Cartoon - European Association of Animation Film.
Animated film director (Poland)
She graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow. She has received several scholarships: Scholarship of the Ministry of Culture, City of Krakow Art Scholarship in the field of films, Goethe Institute Scholarship in Berlin. Since 2008 she is a president of ASIFA Poland and an expert in the Polish Film Institute.
Wiola Sowa creates auteur animated films, which combine classical animation techniques with most recent computer techniques. Her films have a refined visual design, which is combined with music and sound in an unconventional way. She documents human experiences and with the use of animation creates touching emotional portraits of her characters.
Her films have received more than twenty awards and were screened among others in:
- Barbican Centre London, UK, 2011
- International Animation Film Festival Hiroshima, Japan, 2010
- MoMA, New York, USA, 2009
- SICAF Seul International Cartoon & Animation Festival, Korea, 2009
- Annecy Film Festival, 2008, France
- Word Animation Film Festival Zagreb, Croatia 2008
- London Film Festival, Londyn, United Kingdom, 2008
- Ottawa International Animation Festival Ottawa, Canada, 2008
- Anima Mundi International Animation Festival of Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, 2008
Teacher, Producer (France)
Born in North Africa in 1941. He was a teacher for a while then he became the head of the Cultural centre “Maisons des Jeunes et de la Culture”. He was a French “Youth and Sport” Ministry counsellor in South France and since 1982 has devoted his activities to animation.
In 1984 he created (and is still administrating) the “Baillargues Animation Festival”. He runs the animation programmes of the Mediterranean film festival of Montpelier and has conducted lectures and several children's and student's workshops in France, Lisbon, Moscow (VGIK), Algiers. He was in the Selection and Jury Committee in several festivals (Hiroshima, Leiden, Montpelier, Bourg en Bresse ...)
For five years he managed the French company “La Fabrique”. He produced and wrote scripts for some short films and TV Specials (“CHIENNE D’HISTOIRE” directed by Serge Avedikian, “PETIT WANG” directed by Henri Heidsieck). He has been ASIFA International administrator and treasurer for 5 years.
Director, Scriptwriter, Designer, Animator (Russia)
Graduated from VGIK (All-Russian State University of the Cinematography) in animation directing. “LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER” - her diploma film - participated in many Festivals throughout Europe and won several awards, including the Russian Federation Presidential "Award for Talented Youth”, the "Award for the Best Student Animated and Experimental Film" at the "goEast" Festival in Germany, and the "Prize for Best Animation Film" at the "Golden Reel" festival in Russia.
Alexandra worked as scriptwriter, director, animator for advertisement and animated music video; as compositor, CG artist, animation supervisor for international video art projects (AES+F art group); as designer, director of animation part of documentary (“Culture” TV Channel).
Animated film director, Illustrator, Designer (Bulgaria)
Born in Sofia, graduated from the National Academy of Theatre and Film Arts with a M.A. in animation directing and specialized in Film & TV Cinematography. Conducted a series of lectures on animation design in the Varna Free University, Bulgaria. Illustrator and designer of various books and magazines. Member of ASIFA and the Union of Bulgarian Film Makers. Since 2011 she is an organizer and design manager of the World Festival of Animated Film - Varna.
Directed the animation films "Mente", "Genesis" and a series of TV series and advertisements, co-directed "Concentration", "EXtazY" and "The Piano Player". Her films participated in such festivals as:
- „International Animation Day“ ASIFA – Okinawa, Japan
- „Perspectives for Animated Films 2006“ – Dresden, Germany
- ANIMEX– Middlesbrough, UK
- Barcelona Int. TV Fest – Barcelona, Spain
- BALKANIMA – Belgrad, Serbia and Montenegro
- TINDIRINDIS – Vilnius, Lithuania
- Festival of Central and Eastern European Film – Wiesbaden, Germany
- JAMESON, SOFIA FILM FEST – Sofia, Bulgaria
- CARTOOMBRIA – Perugia, Italy
- FILMETS - Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
- ANIFEST 2003 - Trebon, Czech Republic
- ANIMADRID 2002 - Madrid, Spain
- ANIMA MUNDI 2002 - Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil
- UNIART Film Fest 2000 - Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria - Grand Prix